Paycheck Protection Program Forgiveness Portal
Ready to apply for PPP forgiveness?
At SimplyBank, our lending teams helped more than 240 businesses secure emergency funding in the face of COVID-19 over the last year, and we’re here now to help you apply for PPP forgiveness.
You can apply for forgiveness online from wherever you are by clicking the link below. Before you do, though, we encourage all borrowers to review our Forgiveness FAQs on this page and complete our PPP worksheet.
- Review our PPP Forgiveness FAQs
- Complete our PPP forgiveness worksheet to ensure you’re ready to apply, and:
- Have information about your loan in hand
- Have exact expense calculations ready
- Have supporting documentation for expenses ready
Also, if you are submitting changes or corrections to your application, you’ll need to upload the supporting attachments each time you submit the application.
To receive confirmation that your application was received, send us an email at SBALending@mysimplybank.com.
After applying, expect confirmation to take up to a few weeks. Our lending team will let you know as soon as we receive confirmation from the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Ready to apply? You can access the online forgiveness application portal by clicking the link above. As always, please let us know how we can help through the process, and thank you for choosing #MySimplyBank.
How can I apply for PPP forgiveness?
Our lending teams are currently preparing an online forgivenessapplication portal for our you.
When can I apply for PPP forgiveness?
We expect to announce the opening of our online portal after Veteran’s Day.
What will I need in order to apply for forgiveness?
Please use our PPP loan forgiveness worksheet to assist in your calculations and to prepare for the online forgiveness application. This worksheet can be uploaded as supporting documentation when you apply for forgiveness.
What applicant details from your PPP loan you’ll need:
- your loan number
- your borrower name (person or entity named as PPP borrower)
- EIN/TIN for borrower
- the disbursement date of your PPP loan (the date you signed documents and received funds)
- if you received an EIDL (Economic Injury Disaster Loan) loan advance from the SBA, you’ll need those details, as EIDL will affect your PPP forgiveness amount
- your number of employees at the time of PPP application
- your number of employees at the time of PPP forgivenessapplication
- select a “covered period” or “alternate covered period” for your eligible expenses
What payroll expense documentation you’ll need:
- wages/cash compensation documentation (bank statements, payroll reports, Form 941 for the periods that overlap with the covered period for expenses)
- state payroll tax documentation (if applicable, state quarterly unemployment insurance tax filings for the periods which overlap with the covered period for expenses)
- benefits documentation (if applicable: payment receipts, cancelled checks or account statements documenting the amount of employer contributions to employee health insurance and retirement plans)
- special note for owner compensation: if you plan to include any compensation to the owners in the forgiveness application, there are special rules and limits which will apply based on the type of legal entity. Our worksheet will help you identity which limitations apply
Non-payroll expense documentation you’ll need:
- business mortgage interest payments documentation: lender amortization schedule or receipts, cancelled checks or statements
- business rent or lease documentation: copy of the current lease agreement and receipts or cancelled checks or account statements from the lessor
- business utility payments documentation: copy of invoice from Feb. 2020 and those paid during covered period and receipts, cancelled checks or account statements
How soon will my forgiveness application be processed?
- we expect the process to take several weeks after we receive all applicable documentation in order to approve the request and submit it to the SBA
What if my PPP loan amount is over $50,000? If your PPP loan amount was over $50,000, there are additional documentation requirements which may apply:
- additional FTE (full-time equivalency) documentation to verify average FTE on payroll. Some applicants will be prompted to enter individual employee compensation amounts directly into the forgiveness online portal
- documentation of wage reductions for employees making less than $100,000 annually (if applicable)
- documentation regarding any employee job offers which were refused; firings for cause; voluntary resignations; and written requests by employees for reduction in their work schedule
What about upcoming auto-debit loan payments scheduled?
- the PPP Forgiveness Flexibility Act automatically applied a statutory extension for all PPP loans. No auto-payments will be debited and no payments are due until your forgiveness application has been processed and SBA has paid us the forgiveness amount on your behalf
- LINK: SimplyBank PPP loan forgiveness worksheet
- LINK: Check out the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s PPP loan forgiveness guide here.
What is the Paycheck Protection Program?
The Paycheck Protection Program is a $350 billion small business relief program created when The CARES Act — a COVID-19 stimulus bill — was written into law. The PPP is a joint program administered by the Small Business Administration (SBA) and the U.S. Department of the Treasury. It is designed to provide funds for businesses impacted by forced closures and slow consumer demand due to the spread of COVID-19. Read more about the Paycheck Protection Program. FAQs for PPP borrowers.
Is SimplyBank an SBA-approved lender?
Yes. SimplyBank is an SBA-approved lender and an approved PPP lender.