Certificate of Deposit
At SimplyBank, our CDs feature guaranteed yield, various maturity options and can be opened for as little as $1,000.
Lock in a rate that’s guaranteed from the day you open the account until the day it matures, and you know exactly what return you’ll get and when you’ll get it.
Maturity options range from 91 days to 60 months.
Additionally, our CDs include:
- $1,000 minimum deposit
- Normal terms offered from 12 months days to 60 months
- Special terms offered from time to time
- Interest can be paid by Compounding, Paper Check, or Transfer
- Early withdrawal penalties may apply and fees may reduce earnings
Your investment is safe because SimplyBank CDs are backed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation for up to $250,000 – making them as safe as any investment in the world. Visit any branch or call our helpful staff to help you decide which CD will best meet your needs.
- Interest begins to accrue on the business day you make the deposit.
- Interest is calculated using the daily balance.
- Some accounts will be automatically renewed at maturity. You have a grace period of ten (10) calendar days after the maturity date to withdraw your funds without being charged a penalty. If you elect a single-maturity CD, interest will not accrue after the maturity date
- After the account is opened, you may not make deposits into or withdrawals from the account until the maturity date.
- Penalties apply for early withdrawal and fees may reduce earnings.
Watch your money grow with a CD that’s simply straightforward and looks after your money.
*The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is accurate as of Nov. 2, 2020, and is subject to change without notice. Fees could reduce the earnings on an account.
*A minimum balance of $1,000.00 is required to obtain the advertised APY on Certificates of Deposit. A substantial penalty may be imposed for early withdrawal on CDs. On non-compounding CDs with term greater than 1 year, interest cannot remain on deposit and payout of interest is mandatory. For additional rate, fee and cost information, please refer to account disclosure statement.
*^A minimum balance of $25.00 is required to obtain the advertised APY on Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs). A substantial penalty may be imposed for early withdrawal on IRAs. For additional rate, fee and cost information, please refer to disclosure statement.
You must have a Social Security Number to open an account with SimplyBank. All customers must have their identity verified before opening an account. The following documents are acceptable for verification, if not expired and unaltered at the time of account opening. Only one form of identification is necessary to open an account.
- Driver’s license – first choice of identification
- A temporary, officially issued paper driver’s license is acceptable if less than 30 days old
- Probationary Driver’s License
- Learner’s Permit
- State Non-Driver ID Card
- US Passport • US Military ID
- Permanent Resident Card/Green Card
- Foreign Passport – with current entry stamp if not issued in the US
- Any document listed above for individuals
- Student ID Card
- Birth Certificate
- Insurance Card
- Affidavit Attesting to Minor’s identity, signed by guardian